We hope your stay at Veda Living is comfortable, positive & memorable.
We’d like to do everything we can to make that happen.
Please take a moment to review the information below
for some helpful facts about your
Veda Living community.
Meet your neighbours.
Join our Facebook community group
Who We Are
As your property manager, it’s nice to know that we love student living. Started by students over 10 years ago, Domus Student Housing has become the market leader in student accommodation management with a portfolio of over 4,000 beds across Canada. This growth and success has been built on a team of passionate, fun-loving, and professional individuals who know what the student experience is all about: we share a passion for making these years of your life the most exciting they can be.
Let us know what’s up.MAINTENANCE REQUEST
842 Academy Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 3A4
840 Academy Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 3A4
802 Academy Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 0C4
800 Academy Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 0C3
10am-6pm Monday to Thursday
Holiday Hours: We will be closed Dec 21,2019 to Jan 2, 2020.
After Hours Emergency?
Call our line at 250-469-3063 & leave a message!
Include your name, phone number, unit and a brief description of the issue.
Our After Hours Team will get back to you promptly.
How To: Be a Successful Tenant
Parking spots are available for $200/4-month term on a first come, first served basis. Fill out our Parking Form if interested in securing a spot. Visitor parking is available. Residents must register visitors vehicles. You will need to submit your guest’s name, license plate number, car make, model and colour. Please also include the day(s) that parking is required.
Note: Submitting a visitor parking request does not guarantee a parking spot. Fill the form out only if you have secured a visitor parking spot & will be staying overnight. Please note residents cannot park in visitor parking; they must purchase underground parking or park in available spots on the road.
Veda Living is proud to offer an array of amenities for your use! Take advantage of the Games Room, Club Room, and Gym for the best student living experience. Amenity spaces are for tenants; guests are welcome but must be accompanied by a tenant to preserve our beautiful spaces. Check out the amenities page for more information.
We have storage lockers available for rent for VEDA residents on a first-come-first-serve basis. We rent the limited number of lockers on a 4-month term basis (September 1 – December 31, January 1 – April 31, and May 1 – August 31). The cost is $100/term and is due prior to receiving a key for your locker. If you are interested in renting a locker, please fill in the application form here.
Subletting your suite is an option if you are going to be travelling elsewhere during your lease. You are welcome to sublet to another student (reminder: our suites are single-occupancy only) for a period of 1 month or longer.
When you find a subletter, it’s a good idea to put your agreement in writing. Complete a Veda Sublet Contract Template and then fill out this Sublet Form to communicate the arrangement to our team. Veda Living management must know who is residing in our buildings due to fire code & communication reasons. Your sublet must be approved.
Please note, you are still the tenant, and you are now acting like a “landlord” for your subletter. You will continue to pay rent to your Landlord, and you are responsible for collecting rent from your subletter. While we do not advertise or do viewings to help sublet your room, we do offer a Sublets Available at VEDA group for your posting convenience. Subletting can be successful Fall, Winter and Spring! Advertise early, make the effort to respond to interested parties in a timely manner and always post photos with your ads.
Quiet Hours begin at 11PM every night. Experiencing a noise disturbance? We highly recommend first talking with your neighbour face-to-face to let them know how they are impacting you and kindly asking them to be more mindful. Often times in shared living situations, people don’t always know how they impact other people nearby. Give them the chance to improve. If an issue persists, please issue a Noise Complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org including suite, date, time and details.
- Monthly fire alarm system tests occur on the last Thursday of every month.
- Familiarize yourself with our Fire Plan located near each elevator door. In the event of a fire alarm, please exit the building.
- Did you know it’s against the law to tamper with the smoke detector in your suite? Never tamper with, cover or remove your smoke detector or you could be fined. Contact email@example.com immediately if there is an issue with your smoke detector.
Tenants must dispose of their garbage & recycling in the provided bins located in the Waste rooms of the parkade (located in Parkade P1 near the overhead parkade door). Keep your suite clean & clear of full garbage bags or recycling containers to avoid issues with insects or pests. Remove your garbage frequently.
A lease replacement is an individual who will take over your entire lease contract and agrees to all the same terms as your original lease. Replacements are required to submit all required documents and payments and be approved as a tenant before the original resident is released from their contract. If you’re currently looking for a replacement to take over your lease, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the lease takeover procedure.
If you are locked out, here are some options:
1. Try your intercom. You can let yourself in the building by calling your cell phone from the intercom at the front entry, answering your cell phone, and pressing/holding “9” on your phone key pad.
2. If it’s during regular business hours, you can come to the front lobby to be let in. In the event you misplaced your FOB permanently, please let us know so that we can deactivate your lost FOB and purchase a new one. (Replacement fees: FOB $50, mail key $25, access card $75, parkade FOB $50, parkade permit $10, key tag $10)
3. If it’s after business hours, call the Resident Services line and leave a message.
TIP: Save your suite code in your phone so you don’t forget it.
We are proud to offer easy-to-use Coinamatic laundry facilities for your convenience. All washers & dryers are card-operated. Remember to use detergents with the HE symbol to prevent damages/leaks.
- Clean the lint traps regularly to avoid fire hazards! Simply locate the square lint trap located on the wall or ceiling by the dryer, open the trap using the knob, clean the lint, and replace the cover when done. This also ensures your clothes dry in the shortest amount of time
- Set a timer on your phone so you don’t forget about your clothes. Don’t make your fellow Veda residents wait to use the machines
As a tenant, you are responsible for:
- Unclogging your toilet
- Unclogging your sink or shower drains
Try these helpful YouTube tutorials:
*If you require further assistance, please contact Resident Services. Plumbing invoices will be charged back to the tenant if the issue was preventable and/or tenant-caused.
Bike storage is free. You just have to register your bike with Project529 to receive a key that will give you bike room access. Note: bikes are not allowed to be stored in stairwells, corridors, elevators, or in your unit.
- Get a good lock. We don’t recommend cable locks.
- Store your bike indoors. While outdoor racks are available, we do not recommend storing your bike outside overnight.
Smoking of any kind on the premises, on any terrace, or within 6 meters of any door, window or air intake is expressly prohibited & will result in a $200 fine. Smoking includes use of any tobacco, marijuana, or similar products (including e-cigarettes), whose use generates smoke or vapour.
- No smoking allowed within 6 meters of entrances and exits
- No smoking allowed anywhere within the building, including suites & balconies
In the interest of the health of our residents, as well as the quality of indoor air and enjoyment of the premises, Veda Living is a smoke-free environment. As per our lease, there is a zero tolerance no-smoking policy indoors, on terraces, and near all entry doors. All complaints regarding smoking will be investigated and addressed. Ultimately, residents will be fined and if necessary, evicted. Respect your neighbours.
Letter mail and packages can be mailed to your Veda Living address. Each VEDA building has a mailbox area on the 1st floor. If your package doesn’t fit in your mailbox, Canada Post will place the package in the lower right parcel box and leave the key in your personal mailbox to access it. The front desk accepts packages from Purolator, DHL, UPS, and FedEx on behalf of you and places them in the parcel lockers onsite. Instructions to retrieve your package are emailed to you daily. The owners & management assume no liability for theft or damages of packages; we just accept the package and you as the tenant are responsible for picking it up as soon as possible.
1. Plan ahead! Stop by the front desk to inquire about available dates
2. Watch this video on HOW TO operate a BBQ
3. Read & sign our BBQ Rental form at the front desk
4. Pick up the BBQ key & cooking tools. Enjoy grilling!
We want our residents to enjoy the BBQ area, and as you can imagine, safety is our number one concern. It’s everyone’s responsibility at VEDA to understand that propane gas can be dangerous if not treated with care. Please do not smoke near the BBQ’s. Know where the outdoor fire extinguishers are located before use. Make sure to clean up after yourself and put all garbage from your BBQ in the outdoor trash can located nearby (fines will be given for any mess/damages). Recycle wherever possible by taking your items inside & down to the waste/recycling room.